Don't worry, be happy!

^Never a truer word said^

Now's the time to admit we are all guilty of the first word you see in this post - COMPARISON. 

Comparing your "9pm bloated just out the shower self-criticising every inch of your body" self to someones 8am "fresh outta bed and in the gym" self is NOT the way things should be. Of course it's going to look different, for trillions of reason's, the list could go on and on and on; 

1. EVERYONE, I repeat, everyone's body is different, so you're bound to look different to other people! 

2. People will only put their best foot forward on social media, people only post what they want you to see. Noone puts their "9pm bloated just out the shower self-criticising every inch of your body" self on instagram for 1000+ likes.

3. Filters - they are like a gods gift sent from the heavens above to make that slight definition on anyones stomach look defined! Wait, one step better! You can actually edit pictures so you look like you have abs, who'd have thought it!!

What I'm trying to get at is, in this day and age there is so much around to make you feel like you're not good enough or that you need to work harder in the gym because you don't have a toned stomach that is symmetrical or legs longer than the A1. But I'll tell you the worst kept secret in the history of secrets, the pictures you're seeing on social media probably don't look like that 99.9% of the time. Take a look at the pictures below as an example, the top picture was taken at 9pm at night, after a whole day of eating (just out the shower hence the wet hair) and the bottom picture was taken at 7:30am the morning after, so exactly 10 and a half hours apart! 



We all need a bit more self-love and I have learnt that once you are happy with your body and you learn how to nourish and treat your body right, you feel less like you need to constantly compare yourself to others. I have come to terms with the fact that I have never been the skinniest in my friendship group, and that at 5' 3" I'm never going to look like a VS model, but I am happy with how I am and I hope that every girl reading this will hopefully feel that way too. 

I'm not saying I never get sad sometimes because I have cellulite on my thighs or that my butt isn't as peachy as I'd like it to be (I'm a girl of course I'm gonna have days like that) but I will never let those thoughts take over my life!

Don't be so hard on yourselves guys, we all have flaws and imperfections <3 

xo

Follow me on BlogLovin' 


2 comments