Did someone say Pancakes?!

I don't know about you, but I'm an absolute sucker for anything sweet, chocolate, cake, Haribo Tangfastics, the list is pretty much endless. 

So when I discovered that something sweet could actually be good for me I simply HAD to try it. 

Behold the Chia Seed Protein Pancake 

This is basically my own twist on a flourless pancake. All you'll need to make it is as follows: 
  • 1 Banana - Medium 
  • 1 Egg - Medium 
  • Chia Seeds - 1 Tablespoon
  • Honey - 1 Teaspoon 
  • Womens Best Vanilla Protein - 1 Scoop
  • Frylight - any will do however I used coconut oil
To start you will need to half the banana and place 1 half to the side as we'll use that later on for the topping. You will need to mash the other half of the banana then add the egg, protein and chia seeds, and mix them all up together. I'm the first person to admit, this mixture is not pretty, at all, not even in the slightest!! (But it's the taste that counts!)

Then you will need a heated frying pan with a couple of sprays of Frylight, pour enough mixture into the pan so you're pancake is about 20cm in diameter. Fry for approximately 5 minutes each side. (Repeat until the mixture is finished) 

Chop up the rest of the banana and add to the top of you're pancake stack and then drizzle the honey over the top, tadaaaaa and there you have a beautiful healthy breakfast. (or just something to eat at anytime of the day, I did have these for breakfast though) 


I like to add chia seeds to most of my breakfasts, as they are an amazing source of Omega 3 and are very high in protein, they also aid your digestion as they have 11g of fibre per ounce! 

The mixture I have used contains the following macro's - 
Fat - 9g 
Protein - 35g 
Carbs - 38g
Kcal - 373

Let me know if you like this post by leaving a comment below! x



No comments