Fasted Cardio, is it worth it?

Cardio, possibly everyones least favourite thing to do BUT something that has to be done if you're looking to burn fat / cut for summer! I am one of those people that has tried endless types of cardio because, lets face it, it's not the most glamorous/enjoyable thing to do in the world. Anyway, I thought I would give "Fasted Cardio" a shot...

Action shots of me before leaving to go to the gym @ 6:30am

The first day I got up to go to the gym at 6:30am to do fasted cardio I felt extremely awake and okay, I done 20mins of interval sprints on the treadmill, then 20mins on the stepper. HOWEVER, by 3pm that afternoon I felt like I needed a nap SO bad I could've turned into the devils offspring. 

But I carried on that week and got up, went to the gym and done the same thing. I found it boring and repetitive and the only real changes I saw was that I became more tired and LOADS more hungry, I mean I'm a hungry girl anyway but sweet Jesus, this was SOMETHING ELSE this then resulted in a hangry Nicola and a Hangry Nicola is not good.

If you are looking for a way to burn fat, doing cardio when your body is in a fasted state will use the fat you have stored as energy as it's the only energy available as you have not fueled your body with food. Claims are that fasted cardio will target stubborn fat, so for women, around your abdomen, HOWEVER, this is a claim, unfortunately we cannot choose where the fat burns from on our body first. 

I think that if you're not a bikini competitor or fitness model blah blah, then fasted cardio isn't necessarily worth it, 20 minutes of sprints at the end of a workout or a 20 min HIIT workout would easily suffice in the evening! Especially if like me, you have a busy life, I juggle a full time job Monday - Friday and part time on a Saturday for 8 hours, I cheer 3 times a week, go to the gym at least 3 times and ontop of that I have a boyfriend, family and friends to fit in too! (oh and I somehow have to manage a social life too). 

So unfortunately Fasted Cardio, it's a no from me! :( 



Please let me know what you think of this post in the comments below! 


xo

*Disclaimer - This post is just my opinion on how I found Fasted Cardio :)


No comments