Lemon Honey and Chia Seed oat muffins

Lemon drizzle has got to be up there in my top 5 cakes, but obviously not something I can eat until my hearts content (unfortunately). 

So I thought I'd give a healthy version a go! Although, if you're expecting a sugary, lemony, indulgent piece of cake you're in the wrong place. These muffins have different ingredients to a Lemon Drizzle cake, so it's bound to taste slightly different! 


I tested out a few recipes last night, I will post the successful ones on here in the following weeks!

What you'll need for the Lemon Honey and Chia Seed muffins - 
  • 35g of old fashioned oats
  • 30g of powdered oats
  • 1/2 a teaspoon of baking powder 
  • 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
  • 1 banana 
  • 2 table spoons of greek yogurt 
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract 
  • 1 egg 
  • 2 table spoons of honey
  • the juice and zest of 1 lemon 
  • 2 tablespoons of chia seeds 
  • Pinch of salt 

The Method - 
First off, you'll need to preheat your oven to 180 degrees (my oven is fan assisted so you may need to slightly increase the temperature if your's isn't. 

Put 8 cake cases into a tin ready to fill with the mixture! 

You'll then need to peel the banana and mash it in a bowl with a fork until it's all gooey. Then cream together the banana, Greek yogurt, honey, vanilla extract and brown sugar until it's combined completely. Then add the egg and beat it in. (I'm fully aware that this will look like something that has seen better days at this stage haha!)

Add the salt, baking soda and the powdered oats, then stir until it's all mixed together well.

Squeeze the life out of the lemon into the mixture, without getting any pips in it! Then grate some of the lemon zest in too.

The penultimate stage before you can taste the goodness, is to add the old fashioned oats and chia seeds to the mixture, and stir. 

Take a large tablespoon of the mixture and place into each of the cake cases, this should make roughly about 8 muffins. 

Pop in the oven for 15-20 minutes (or until golden brown). And there you have it! Some healthy Lemon Honey and Chia seed muffins! 



The nutritional values of each muffin is as follows (approx)- 

Kcal - 92 
Fat - 2.25g 
Protein - 2.5g 
Carbs - 15.25g 

They are perfect for a mid afternoon snack with a cuppa or even for breakfast! I had 2 today for breakfast with my morning Womens Best Vanilla Protein Shake :)

Let me know what you think of the recipe in the comments and if you try it! 

Ciao for now xo

Follow me on BlogLovin'







5 comments

  1. This looks absolutely yummy, I no foodie blogger, but I would eat that right now :))
    Ejnets in Lisboa

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious - we will certaintly have to try these out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad you liked the recipe, let me know what you think when you've tried them! ❤

      Delete