10 Things that go through a cheerleaders mind at competition!

Competitions, SUCH a love hate relationship. Love; that feeling of coming off the Mat knowing you done your coaches proud. Hate; those 4am wakeup calls and 20 hour days. Nothing, I repeat, nothing, spells G L A M O U R, like an Allstar Cheerleading Competition.

Being a competitive Allstar Cheerleader is probably one of the best things I have done in my life, being part of a team that is like a family, doing something you absolutely love with some of your best friends. 

Competitions are all kinds of crazy, here's 10 things that'll go through everyones head at some point in the day! 




1. OMG I'm so tired. (said on average about 1000 times a day) 

2. "What I eat now isn't gonna affect what I look like on the mat", said while staring at the over priced burger and chips at 10am, totally acceptable. 

3. Ohhhhh only 7 hours until I compete, not like I've been AWAKE since 4am. 

4. I feel sick, I need a wee, omg so nervy. Standing waiting to compete is the most NERVE-RACKING thing I have ever gone through, think you have sweaty palms? You will when you're stood there hun!!

5. OMG can I do it again?! I love competing! BEST. THING. EVER. 

6. YAAAAAASSS GIRL, dance time before awards, I'm gonna SLAY Peanut Butter Jelly, watch me. 

7. OMG tired. 

8. My Ponytail is far too tight. And my bow is on a wonk. (standard)

9. I feel sick, I need a wee, OMG gonna cry (EVERYONE must feel this when you're sat on that mat waiting for the announcer to announce your placement)

10. I LOVE THIS SPORT SO MUCH OH MA GAD <3

The list could absolutely go on, no matter what level cheerleader you are, all of us have the same passion for the sport we do, that's what makes the competitions so great, I wouldn't change it for the world. 


*Shout out to the people that make it all possible, I love you endlessly <3*




No comments